Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Weight Matters

I've been in an ongoing war with my weight since 2002. During (and after) my pregnancy, I gained very close to 50lbs. I was successful enough to get down to 5 lbs of my pre-baby weight about 2 years ago, and was very close to accomplishing my goal but my gallbladder attacked me and after having that removed my motivation died down. I assumed that I could just maintain and would be fine. Well last week my lovely mother says to me "You are picking all your weight back up". I brushed her off but that comment stuck in my head all day. I hadn't been on a scale in about 6 or 7 months, but her comment forced me to check out my weight and I wanted to cry! I just knew the scale was wrong, but I had just put a new battery in and tested it with a 5lb bag of potatoes.
So here I am, once again, about to go to battle. I'm giving myself 1 month and my goal is to lose 15lbs. Pray for me, because for the next 9 days I'll be on a detox plan eating only fruit and veggies. I can do this, it's not that hard. The only thing is I CAN'T HAVE MY LATTE!!!!!!!! I am going to go through extreme depression. I honestly don't know if I'll be able to avoid it. HELP ME! PLEASE :(

No comments: