Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Maintenance Man

Have you ever had one? You know, the reliable man you call upon when you need a great night of passionate sex. I read Michael Baisden's book several years ago, but at the time I didn't completely understand why this man would be needed. I thought, as a woman, you can basically have any man you want to do anything you want. So why get involved in this purely sexual encounter time after time knowing that it will not go anywhere. Well, I hit 30 and realized that while guys came easy 7-8 years ago, that's not so much the case now. Now, my standards have changed. My needs, desires, and aspirations for a relationship are so different now, as my views on sex that if I continuously wait on "that one" I'll turn into a born again virgin (and I've done the celibacy thing already). So if I have the Maintenance Man tune me up every now and then, this will allow me to explore dating with a whole new outlook. I can lay out the ground rules up front- NO SEX for a determined amount of time to make sure that we match up on all levels. It looks like my cut off point is 3 months, so I say no sex for 4 months while we date and have the Maintenance Man on call to relieve me. Wonder if that would work for me? Wonder if the guy I have in mind would agree to this delicate position? hummmmm...........

No comments: