Monday, June 18, 2007

Call me Capt’n Save-A-Negro

Guy #2. Sigh- I tend to find lost causes, and try to help them be better than they are. I guess you can say I try to upgrade them. I judge a person by their character, and that judgment may shift, based off what they show me further into the relationship. Guy #2 has issues, some serious issues. He has a tendency to say one thing, but act a totally different way. He also kicks it- hard. Ok, I’m not going to hate because I’m a homebody. I go to work, and go home. I hang out maybe on a Friday night every once and a while. But for the most part, I enjoy the peace and relaxation of being home. He plays these head games. He says he likes me so much. He really cares about me and hasn’t had this type of feeling in a long time. But then he doesn’t call for days. THEN when he does call, it’s to question me on why I hadn’t called. I’m too old for games like that, and I don’t like to be questioned, so those comments get ignored. He says he doesn’t call because he’s trying so hard not to get attached. But then, after a night of kicking it, he calls and wants to spill his guts to me. I begin to get bored. While the cat and mouse game is cute for the 1st couple of weeks, several months in and it becomes too much, too boring, and I lose interest. Oh, and let’s not forget about the other chick. Oh, yes, there’s another chick involved. How do I know you ask? Let’s just say fate doesn’t allow bullshit to grow for long before being exposed. But he doesn’t care about her. He was just confused about me. He should have never ever messed with her. He just didn’t know how to handle his feeling for me. So I tell him we need to talk. We need to get all this shit out in the open, and decide what we are going to do. I’ve been very compromising up until this point. But it’s time to set some definite boundaries. We’re supposed to talk Thursday. But I don’t hear from him. He IM’s me Friday and we try to arrange this session for Saturday…Again- he’s a no show. Now he does text me, in the middle of the night- but I ignore him and continue my journey through lala land. This morning- another IM and I blow up. But at the end of the IM’ing, I’m the bad guy. All he did was IM me to say hi and see how I’m doing and he got cursed out and called a child. So I ask if he was really offended, he says yes, a little. I tell him he’s not half as offended as I am and that’s the end of the conversation. So another one bites the dust

2 comments:

Lu said...

Funny, you aren't the 1st person to call him an asshole. That was my pet name for him from the beginning..and another person has called him the same. You make 3.

I figured that would be your reaction...lol

Anonymous said...

Men can be such asses! He is clearly a confused little boy.