Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Update on Weight Matters

I've enjoyed the detox phase of this diet that I've decided to use this as the basis for what I'm trying to accomplish. Before I give you my plan, let me update you. I started this "diet" Tuesday, May 29th and my official weight this morning was 6 lbs less than this time last week!!!!
It was HARD AS SHIT! for the first 3 days and I was a mess. I was having headaches, I was tired, moody, etc. So I modified the diet. It's something like this now:
I fix 2 bowls (appx40oz) of mixed fruit (including watermelon, cantelope, strawberry, banana, granny smith and red delicious apples, navel oranges, pinapples, and nectarines). I eat one for breakfast (AFTER MY DAYUM LATTE!) and the other for lunch. In between those two bowls, if I feel the need I'll get 1 1/2 handful of lightly salted peanuts. After lunch, if I feel the need again I'll get another handful of nuts. For dinner I'll either eat a bowl of broccoli or green beans, and 2 slices of wheat bread, or a 3rd bowl of fruit.

So what I've decided to do is eat fruit & veggies M-F and over the weekends add in a little something extra. Since the weather has been pretty good around here, it's not hard to eat fruit all day, and the grocery store has a nice selection of fruits so I'm going to try and stick this out for as long as I see results. 1 more lbs and I'll be out of the danger zone and half way to my goal. Hopefully this time next week I'll be sharing that good news with you!

Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

bmorecutie said...

You on a role with these post. I need a diet :( that I can stick too.

Taavon said...

This is very similar to the Smash Diet that Dr. Ian uses on Celebrity Fit club. That I try for a week and can't take not eating meat and quit. I did manage to lose 10 pds for the first 9 days when I did it the correct way. I think I'm going to start it again but I need my damn Edy's Sundae Cone icecream! I can't I repeat I can't live without it!