Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another day that begins with Starbuck's (but OF COURSE!)

original publish date: 8/24/07
I'm a Starbuck's-aholic! I'll be the first to admit that. I gladly "waste" $3.35 every morning to enjoy my grande, 180 degree, no fat, no foam latte! But the "regulars" such as myself know that it isn't just coffee. They know that the Starbuck's regulars all share something in common. We bond. We become friendly. It's just the Starbuck's way. In my alter ego blog, I mentioned how I switched cafe's, and I've been going to this newer one for at while now. There's a crew of motorcycle cops that are there every morning. But this morning was so funny that I had to share it. I did my usual, placed my order, smiled at the cashier, got my latte (for FREE - being a regular does have its perks). I walk out of the door, and wait to cross the street when I hear a voice behind me say "'Scuse me ma'am, do you need help crossing the street?" I look behind me and it's one of the cops. So I smile, and say "Well if you are offering to help, I'll accept the offer. This cops runs up to me, grasps me (very tightly) and I say "UH, are you going to STOP traffic?" (There were ON COMING CARS which was why I was waiting to cross). He says "For you? ANYTHING!” and he starts to cross the street, with ME attached to him. I was so tickled. Now of course there was only about 2 cars coming, but still, he made it look as though he was my bodyguard rushing me through a sea of paparazzi. He gets me to my truck, opens the door, and says “A beautiful woman like you will make me smile all day long” AWWWWWEEEE!!!!!! That made my day.
Guess I know who paid for my latte, huh?
Have a great day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl you saw this in a movie, this didn't happen to you because you would of told me about it! And you got that free Latte for that big ol ASS you got!!! You'll get alot with that down here in ATL...lol!!!