Monday, January 22, 2007

Am I expecting too much, or is he just an a**?

I try very hard not to talk badly about my daughter's father. After all, I was possessed enough to get knocked up by him, right? For a split second, I thought he was the greatest man alive. But shit went sour, and we parted ways. And truthfully, since the child support order went through 2 years ago, we have not had 1 single disagreement. He knows his daughter is well taken care of. He has full access to her, and I'm even very polite to the woman he's shacking up with. Hell she and I have even worked out at the gym together, once, totally coincidentally.

But I break my back to do extra-curricular activities with my Pretty Princess. I take her to Sesame Street live. I take her to the horse barn, so she can get riding lessons. I take her to gymnastics classes. I take her to ballet lessons. I basically spoil the shit out of her, which she deserves. I dish out a LOT of extra cash, just to make sure she has a full and active life. You know, give her everything that I wasn't able to have.

So today, I decided to go ahead and get the tickets for the circus for her to go next week. He calls while I'm en-route, and I tell him what's up. He immediately sounds interested, as if he's pushing for an invite to join us. Inquires how much the tickets cost, I tell him and conversation moves on, but of course, he's not invited ……I'm back at work, and get an email that the Doodlebops are going to be in town on the 29th. But I'm already taking her to the Circus on the 26th, and then I'll be out of town that weekend. So I call him, and say "Hey, since you can't take her to the circus, why don't you take her to see the Doodlebops. Tickets are only $10". He doesn't seem interested. But he was just interested in taking her to the circus, because that's what I WAS PLANNING ON DOING! So I say, "I can't take her, I'll be in VA and won't make it back in time to go to the show, and it's only 1 day." This ass says "Oh, it's only 1 show, she'll have other chances." So why am I pissed? I guess I shouldn't expect a man to understand how excited she'll get every time she sees them on TV and can say "Remember when I saw them!" Maybe I'm taking this personally, but Dammit I want her to go and see the Doodlebops! Hell, I wouldn't mind going to see the Doodlebops, but I can't……..So he SHOULD take her! BASTARD

No comments: