Monday, January 22, 2007

My Girls- Part Deux

Ok, so I have a TON of work that I need to do, and I took a lot of time to write yesterday's blog. BUT I have to take some time to finish my dedication to My Girls. I have some of the most down chicks ever! And it's so funny because during my teen years I was such a loner. I didn't trust girls and wasn't like by many. But adulthood brought some women into my life that makes me wish I could have had them around earlier in life.


My BMORE Chicks!

I moved to Bmore back in '03 and met Taa and Bmore in the weirdest way- a MESSAGE BOARD! Truthfully, had I been in Cleveland I'd never ever done it but relocating to a new place forced me to be creative and a bit more open to situations. I bonded with Taa and Bmore for very different reasons, but we are all similar in a lot of ways. And these girls make sure they give it to me straight, with no chaser. Regardless to the situation, I know that they are going to be direct, and give no bullshit. They are some evil heffas!!!! ROFLMBAO


Taa- Bmore and I always joke with her and say she's the grandma. She is very nurturing to my daughter and always has a very serious demeanor. She's the youngest out of our Bmore crew (that slowly diminished from a group of, what 10) but is happily married and I admired her for that. I also loved the fact that she TOOK her husband!!!!! LOL- she trips me out every time she tells the story. I know I can always talk to her and get good advice about relationships, and I'd take her advice seriously, because- well, she's married and I'm not so she must be doing something rightJ. She even went to a reggae club because I was dying to go, even though she HATES it!!!!!!! You could see the disgust on her face the whole time, but she endured (for as long as she could), just so that I could enjoy myself.


Bmore- That's my twin! I swear I thought I was a 1 of a kind until I met this girl. And the funniest thing is I just knew we were gonna bump heads because of how I first saw her. We were at a group outing at the Cheesecake factory (I don't know if you remember this Bmore) but my phone rung- and I had the "Sex & the City" ringtone (I have Carrie fever). Someone said, "Bmore loves that show too! Bmore, she has the Sex & the City ringtone" and Bmore looked at me like I wasn't even there. She looked right through me and didn't say anything to the other person either. So, me- I'm like "This bitch right here!" But I kept my cool, because I was in a new place with new people. Well, I'm glad that I didn't take that "nonlook" personal because this girl ended up being my personal Baltimore tour guide. And we realized we had so much in common. We share last names (until this September when she becomes an Orange- I still say we make him take our name), we both will snap on a mutha-fucka real quick. She's an accountant, which I wanted to be soooooo badly until I took that 1st course. We are Sex and the City addicts. Oh, and we both LOOOOVVVVE Reggae- which I think was the deal maker. She got me to go to church (which is a BIG thing for me). She always made sure I had somewhere to go during holidays so that I wasn't alone. She made sure she checked up on me when I had surgery. And she got PISSED as hell at me when I said I didn't want to have a going away gathering when I left in April. She didn't talk to me for a month, but she did come to see me off and was sad that I'd left. Well, she's leaving me and the singles network to join Taa and the Married Club, but hopefully her husband will accept me as the sister in law from hell J that's always trying to corrupt his wife. It's a good thing we have already bonded. I'll just make him some fish and spaghetti and he'll be cool.

Speaking of Fish and Spaghetti- remember the Fish Fry's? We had some good times! Y'all had me drinking them dayum Smirnoff's! And Keddie's ass was @ Giant at 12 in the morning trying to get more food to cook! LOL…..

And the Sex & the City finale party we had…AND the Girls Superbowl party! Y'all gave me a life in Bmore I tell ya!

Kwanzaa- My Babygurl! This girl has to have the purest heart. She's so sweet; so polite. So fucking NICE! If I didn't know any better, I'd think that she was putting on the biggest front- but knowing her for the past 10 years, I know that she's 100% real. We've been through some stuff too, which let's me know that this friendship is life long. We've argued, stopped talking to each other, been roommates, taken road trips, gotten into a car accident, and shared our deepest secrets, which have never been repeated. And even though we live in different states, we talk almost EVERY single day. And she does stuff that only Kwanzaa can do that always leaves me thinking "That's Kwanzaa"… like last night I get a text message at 11pm saying "NY from flava of love show comes on next Monday on vh1". Um, ok? But- I just shook my head, said "That's Kwanzaa for you" and laughed. I call Bmore my twin, I'd have to call Kwanzaa is my yang….. She's the complete opposite of me, but keeps me balanced and in tune with positiveness. She always manages to see the brighter side of some real fucked up shit. And I love her dearly for that.

The Queen Bee- She's one of my 2 oldest female friends that I'm still in touch with. I remember when I was younger I used to want to be like her. She was the coolest bitch I knew, and always made you feel like you were cool too (even though I was a young cornball trying to keep up!) We'd lost touch over the years, but we always tend to make sure we know how to get in touch with each other.

Bratt- Bratt is an almost replica of Kwanzaa. Another very nice, pleasant, and sincere chick. How'd I find 2 of 'em? LOL- Bratt and I worked at the same company for a couple of years and she's a good person.

Finally- I have to add in the 2 little sisters of Kwanzaa and The Queen Bee: Santwinaa and Princessa
The sisters of my best friends of course end up being my little sisters. I've seen Princessa grown from a long skinny annoying girl (smile) to a very beautiful mature young lady! And although I met Ms Santwinaa when she was already grown, she's still a very sweet girl too!

I tell you the truth- I used to want to have sisters growing up…. But never did I realize that I'd end up with these 8 girls (plus 2 more that aren't on myspace)…… Woulda thought I'd have so many bitches in my corner!!!!!!!!!

Alright- gotta run now!

No comments: