Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I am going to divorce my family- the ungrateful bastids!

I have a fully DISfunctional family. And let me start this by first saying that I know very well that I have issues myself, so I tend to keep my negative views of others to myself. But stupidity has reached an all time high in my family, and I think it's time to jump ship on these muthaf*ckas.

I called myself being a good person, and opening my home up to my 5 year old cousin, who's currently in fostercare. She and her 2 year old brother have been in fostercare for the past year, and my mother wanted them placed in the family. She'd been trying to take care of this for months, and when social services finally decided that they would allow the kids to go with her, the little boy turned 2, and they indicated that the kids couldn't share a room. My mom has a 2 bedroom home. So, I say, since I am with my mom all the time, I'll take the girl, my mom can take the boy, and they won't actually be "split up" because they'll spend a lot of time together during the week and every weekend. The social worker aggreed to this arrangement, and was going to make the recommendation to the courts this past tuesday but until the arrangements were finalized, the kids stay with my mom on the weekends.

They warned me that the girl had some issues, one being she touched her little brother inappropriately. It happened once, and she had seen a counselor for it. So I told them that we would try to work with her, and them to make sure that she understands that kind of behavior isn't acceptable, yada yada yada. But I let them know well in advance that if she harmed my daughter (and my daughter WILL TELL) all bets were off.

Sunday, I'm talking to my daughter (as I always do) and we are having our parent child discussion on who can and cannot touch you and when and where they can and cannot. So I ask (as I ALWAYS DO) if anyone has touched her in a bad spot. She tells me yes. So my heart DROPS! and as I get the information out of her, apparently this little girl went into the bathroom on my daughter and tried touching her private area. My baby told her to get out and she wouldn't, so my daughter told her cousin (who was watching them at the time) but she said that the little girl was in the bathroom looking at her and wouldn't get out. He went and got the little girl, and told her to stay out the room, but didn't think any more of it because my daughter didn't tell him what she tried to do to her. She waited and told me.

So I called him and asked him what happened, and he told me (what I just said) and I called my mom and told her that I wasn't getting the little girl. She suggested I tell my cousin (the little girls father) so that he hears it from me instead of the social worker. I didn't agree, because if he was on his shit, he would have his kids anyway, but I call him anyway. I tell him what happened, and he asked if I'd talked to his child- I'm shocked for a minute, and hesitantly say "no". He's like "well, I need to talk to her and hear her side". FOR WHAT? like she's going to admit to you that she did it!!!!!!

So I call the social worker the next morning, who inturn calls the foster parent and tells her what happened. She (the foster parent) asks the little girl what happened, and asks her to tell the truth. She admits it and says she did it because my baby kept telling on her and she wanted to get her in trouble.

But her father and grandmother both feel that I was wrong for calling the social worker, and I shouldn't have backed out but instead tried to work it out... UH, hello- what kind of fu*ked up thinking is that? This is NOT my child. I have a kid, and I have let all of them know that although I would help, I will not allow my child to be put in any kind of harms way. The little girl hasn't even moved with us yet and she's acting out- maybe I'm overthinking here, but that's just the beginning of shit, right? Say I "ignore" this, and let her move with us, and she does actually harm my baby- or teach my baby that ignorant bs and my baby does it to someone else? Then WHO's at fault? Is it the irresponsible parents, who allowed their kids to be placed in foster care anyway because they are not fit? Or, is it the grandmother, who didn't want the kids? NO! It would be me for ignoring the shit when it first happened! So I told my mom, I am going to curse them out and they can all go to hell, because no one is more important than her and her health- PERIOD! The ungrateful bit*hes didn't even thank me for helping out to begin with!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl. You were so right in not letting that child move in with you. Protecting YOUR child is the most important thing! PERIOD!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign my name to that last comment.

Again, you are doing the right thing by not letting that girl move in. You must protect YOUR child.

Tawanna

bmorecutie said...

I agree 100 % with how you handled the situation. But I also think the little girl needs to talk to someone on a regular not just one time. In my opinion a child acting in that way at such an early age is a sign that something else is going on with her or may have happened to her.

Anonymous said...

She should be placed in a home without any other children, even if it means outside of the family.