Monday, January 22, 2007

The year from hell

I knew 2006 would bring change. The end of 2005 wasn't so good to me, so I was mentally preparing myself for disaster this year. But damn, did it have to hit this hard?
Shall I explain? I'll start with a hit & run on the expressway one day going home from work. Good thing I got the guys license plate. He had the nerve to tell the cop that he traveled 2 miles down the road and pulled over, and waited for me. Funny thing is I went down there, trying to follow him, and didn't see him. So armed with his plate, and vehicle type, I contacted the State Patrolman. That hit & run costed his insurance company $1k, but that was also the 3rd accident my truck had been in within 1 year.
Moving right along- I got offered a job in Cleveland, a great position taking on new challenges as manager, project manager, and some other tasks I had yet to get into. So of course I accept, but the official paperwork doesn't go through until April. The entire time, I'm thinking the job isn't going to go through, but when it does, I'm conflicted, because I realized I was leaving something important. But situations being what they were, I couldn't continue staying there.
I get back to Cleveland and within the 1st month, I find out that my aunt, the only elder with common sense in my family, has been diagnosed with a rare cancer and she passed away within 4 months. During that time, my aunt in Chicago, who was in remission, developed Colon Cancer. And to top all of that off- my mother may have breast cancer .......
Yesterday, I'm driving along, minding my own damn business- and get side swiped by a big ass van. Damages totaling close to $2k.......I was smart enough to get that plate too.....but my truck is once again FUCKED UP!
So I feel like I'm all alone right now and I don't have anyone to lean on- no one to talk to- no one to vent to- no one to cry to... No body understands

No comments: